(replace by suitable yahoo smilies where necessary)
______________________________________
Giles: so I'm at Nizamuddin station at Delhi to see off my bank manager by 9'o clock train
Giles: and he's gone to get a dinner packed at the Comesum food plaza
Giles: so while I'm waiting for him at the platform I notice this girl reading Super Commando Dhruva comics
Giles: you know about SCD?
Melissa: no
Melissa: whts tht about?
Melissa: :)
Giles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Commando_Dhruva
Giles: he's a comic book character which is very popular in North
Melissa: ok
Giles: so anyways usually you don't see girls reading his comics...
Melissa: ok..
Giles: and I'm interested, and I want to ask her about it but obviously this is India
Giles: and you don't go asking random ladies you meet about comics they're reading
Giles: 'cos you're afraid that you'll get beaten up types
Melissa: hmm. so?
Giles: ;)
Melissa: :D
Giles: then I notice she's got another one with her
Giles: and I am getting really bored
Giles: so I think of asking her for it
Giles: but then obviously the whole loop about getting beaten up again
Giles: :)
Melissa: hmm..
Giles: so nothing doin' and I just stand there looking at her awhile
Giles: then the train rolls in to the platform
Melissa: hmm..
Giles: now I really don't understand when people get up and start getting worried and fidgety as the train is rolling in
Giles: 'cos like there's no point to ti
Melissa: same compartment or wht?
Melissa: ok..
Giles: let it stop and then find your coach and then board
Melissa: hmm..
Giles: no I'm not boarding the train. am there to see off this guy vonly
Melissa: ook..ook
Giles: so anyways I realise she's alone and then I say
Giles: "excuse me - you're going by this train"
Giles: and she doesn't even listen to me!!
Melissa: hmm..
Giles: so much lost in the book
Giles: so I'm like "wow! "
Melissa: :-/
Melissa: why..
Giles: why? what a girl.. really loves SCD.. totally engrossed in book and not even listening to the train's whistle.. that's why..
Giles: then I go a bit closer and say "excuse me" a bit louder
Giles: she looks up, and I say - your train?
Giles: she says "yeah"
Melissa: hmm..
Giles: so I say "hi, I'm Giles"
Melissa: then?
Melissa: :)
Giles: she says "I'm Carol"
Giles: so we shake hands
Melissa: aha!
Giles: and then I compliment her being a fan of SCD
Giles: and she starts laughing
Melissa: ahemm..
Melissa: thn?
Giles: so it turns out she's going to Gwalior and she's not got a ticket and she's going to work out a seat with the TTE
Giles: so like this is a night journey
Melissa: ok..
Giles: so the TTE is in the opp. direction and she's walking towards the general bogie and I walk with her and we end up discussing what she's doing (call centre job) and what I'm doing (farming) etcetra
Melissa: ok..
Giles: Well so I say - hey I've got to see off this person, I'll meet him now - and wow! you're a fighter to be going all the way to Gwalior in general at night
Giles: so shake hands.. and here's my mobile number and we'll see each other again, maybe
Melissa: hmm..
Giles: so I write my number on a piece of paper and I rush off to the AC coach where this uncle has to bee seen off
Melissa: ok..
Giles: then I tell him I've left my home keys at the juice counter and I run off
Melissa: thn nything happned?
Melissa: wow.. smart.
Melissa: :)
Giles: find the 2nd class TTE halfway down the platform
Giles: ask him for a seat "for a girl - she's in general now.. please give a seat till Gwalior"
Giles: so he gives a number in S5 – 23!
Giles: I rush back
Giles: now the general bogie has no light!!
Melissa: ooo.. gud u did tht
Giles: so I'm like walking down the platform besides the general bogie
Melissa: hmm.
Giles: and there's no way I can see her
Giles: so I end up shouting her name into the window of the bogie and then walking on and shouting into the next window
Melissa: ok...
Giles: :D
Giles: quite filmy
Melissa: :D
Giles: finally (at the fourth or fifth window) she says "yeah"
Giles: so I'm like "would you want a seat in sleeper?"
Giles: she's like "why not"
Giles: so I say "follow me"
Melissa: wow!
Giles: explain the seat number and tt details to her
Melissa: :)
Giles: she walks on towards sleeper, I go to AC and tell my uncle that the keys are with me only
Giles: that I'd got confused a bit
Giles: then he's like ok you go
Giles: so I rush off to S5
Giles: where this girl is sitting
Melissa: u really are smart :P
Giles: ask her - did you talk to the TTE
Giles: she's like - nope
Giles: so I ask her to 'follow me'
Giles: again
Giles: and take her to TTE
Giles: TTE-- meet girl
Giles: Girl -- meet TTE
Giles: ok - done
Melissa: hmm..
Giles: bye
Giles: see you around
Melissa: thts gr8..
Giles: oh and I got her email ID sometime in between all of this
Giles: so that's the weird thing of the week for me
Melissa: train had stopped fer suich a long tiem..
Melissa: ?
Giles: it came in at 2030 - starting station
Giles: starts at 2100 from Nzm
Giles: you're doubting me kya
Melissa: u really knw how to manage things...naturally i gues.s. u being a manager
Giles: this is not about management silly this is about being stupid at the railway station with a stranger
Giles: :P
Giles: and both ways, I must say - for her and for me too
Giles: though I'll accept the compliment - yep I'm quite good at managing - nothing to do with my PGDM though
___________________________________________________
Update: I sent the girl a mail asking her if she'd reached safely. No reply yet. No call/sms either. So maybe she decided that there was a limit to interaction with wierd strangers. Or something like that.
8 comments:
Hmmm....see some girls are like this..kaam khatam, dosthi khatam....didnt get what was the weird thing which happened!!!!
u paagal or smthg ? picking up stray conversations with stray girls ????????????
Giles ????
saw the comment at the end of the snake post !
Melissa doesnt seem to talk / type much .. heh ?
Anoop da sorry I replied to your mail ID by mistake. Repeating the comment here anways:
"the weird thing was that she believed a stranger when he said "I've got you a sleeper seat, follow me!"
the weird thing was also that I decided to do this.
Also that I talked to a girl about her comics and she didn't turn me to ice with a frosty glare (as you'd expect a typical Indian babe to do, esp. at night)
ask some of your girl friends what they'd have done in this scenario -- stranger walks up and expresses interest, then offers a seat in sleeper (he's not going himself)"
__________
Deepa, yeah I'm nuts. Welcome to my world.
As for the Giles/Melissa bit, read the "2nd post 1st roast" post at the bottom of the blog like. You might get the drift.
Melissa can talk a lot! She's a chatterbox vonly. Unlike me, she's a good listener also :)
nice.. seems u had fun !
right !
boss , aint it time for a new thought ?
lay off for some time or u mite scare her off, what with u screaming her name in the dark general compartmment 5 minutes after meeting her !
uh oh, raghav, you missed the point. I screamed her name; she responded; I took her to the seat; we bid adieu; and now that's it...
I'm laid off like Sourav Ganguly from the Indian Team vonly da..
Post a Comment