Sunday, August 27, 2006

Weird Call Of The Week

Synopsis:
Person 1 calls up Person 2's cell; call-waiting;
Person 2 calls back and finds a wrong number; Person 2 keeps thinking about the call... (and their thoughts are in italics)
_________________________________________________________

The Phonetel phone you've called is currently busy on another call. Please hold the line, or call again later. The Phonetel phone you've called is ...


Beep Beep. Beep beep.

End call. Wait two minutes. Redial.

The Phonetel phone you've called is currently busy on another call. Please hold the line, or call again later. The Phonetel phone you've called is ...

Beep Beep.

End Call. Damn! What's keeping him busy?

Who's this calling me? Listen, I've a call coming in. Will call you back after sometime. Ok? yeah, bye..

End call. List missed call. Call.

Rrrring. Rrriing. Ah, finally he calls back.

Rrrin- Yeah, hello?

Hello. I got a call from your number just now.

You did? Oh I'm sorry, must've dialled the wrong number (sheepish laugh). My apologies, m'am.

That's ok.

End call.

Damn. Watch your numbers! Now what is his number after all? I should really save numbers in my phonebook and not try to memorise them! Let's call Roji, he might have the number...

Fifteen Minutes Later

I wonder who it was. The number was 98712 something, that's Delhi. Let me check. Yes. Devi is in Delhi and her number is 98713.. same service provider.. who could it have been? Surely you don't make a wrong call twice...

It was ..72 dae, not ..62. Now note it down like a good boy, or you'll end up calling somebody else the next time too. And she may not have such a Nice voice, either. Wish she'd talked for a bit longer. Ha! Hold on to your hormones!!

Could it have been Dhruv? He never called me back. It has been three weeks now.. no I guess you really don't call people you've met in train journeys.. or could it have been? Shall I call up and ask? Maybe he was feeling shy or awkward and so.. hell let's call and find out.


Rriing. Rrrinng. Rrring. Oh my god she's calling me again. Rrring Rrriing. Oh well, what the hell.

Hello.

Hello, is this Dhruv?

Uh? No look lady, I'm sorry I called you by mistake. It was an honest mistake, I swear.

No no.. is this Dhruv? Dhruv, is this you?

Dhruv? No no.. this is Sameer

Oh ok. I'm sorry. I thought... End call.

Less! Too less! Now he'll think I'm some kind of sick pervert easy girl..

What was that about? Dhruv? Huh? She sounded really worried about Dhruv.. wonder who he is..
_____________________________________________________

Something like this happened to me, of course. It's another true imaginary story. Of course, there's guesswork for the thoughts on part of person1, or is it person2...

6 comments:

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

Person 1 is you , isnt it ??

and " less " .. what is that now ???

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

u copy cat !!!

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

why is it that the current and the last story revolved around trains ????

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

btw , the last comment was mine too

zonko said...

Deepa chan, I don't know who is Person1 and who is Person2.

Yes I'm a copycat. Meow. Aren't you flattered by my imitation?

This one is in series with the last one, yes.

Umm, and 'too less' is like the opposite of 'too much'.

Cheers.

sush said...

dhruv??hmmm....reminds me of a short story i wrote....